GIS Blog Indonesia ingin menunjukkan beberapa aplikasi gratis yang bisa digunakan untuk menampilkan GIS Data (GIS Viewers). Sebagai GIS Viewers (vektor/raster) , aplikasi desktop yang disebutkan dibawah ini mampu membuka/menampilkan GIS Data/ data spasial dan bisa menjalankan fungsi dasar aplikasi GIS, bahkan beberapa diantaranya bisa menjalankan spatial analysis.
ArcGIS Explorer Desktop is a free GIS viewer that gives you an easy way to explore, visualize, and share GIS information. ArcGIS Explorer adds value to any GIS because it helps you deliver your authoritative data to a broad audience.
With ArcGIS Explorer, you can
- Access ready-to-use ArcGIS Online basemaps and layers.
- Fuse your local data with map services to create custom maps.
- Add photos, reports, videos, and other information to your maps.
- Perform spatial analysis (e.g., visibility, modeling, proximity search).
ArcReader is a free, easy-to-use desktop mapping application that allows users to view, explore, and print maps and globes from ESRI. Anyone with ArcReader can view high-quality interactive maps authored by a high-level ArcGIS Desktop product and published with the ArcGIS Publisher extension.
With ArcReader, you can
- View, navigate, and print published ArcGIS maps using ArcReader (.pmf files).
- Deploy your GIS data to novices and professionals alike.
- Zoom, pan, and switch between map and page layout views.
- Communicate more efficiently with the ability to graphically mark up maps.
- Print published map and globe documents including all layer symbology and cartographic map elements on any supported printer.
- Create custom ArcReader applications and embed ArcReader capabilities into existing applications.
Christine GIS system is free GIS software allows you viewing and spatial querying vector and raster data, creating and editing tabular data, connect DBMS by ODBC, creating applications by integrated script language.
GeoGenesis®LITE is a free geospatial data viewer providing satellite and aerial photo imagery, elevation, and vector data display with an easy to use graphical user interface. The viewer is a small subset of the GeoGenesis suite that is used for high volume geodata production and exploitation. Using GeoGenesis®LITE a user can quickly view single or multi-band satellite and aerial imagery with simple band selection menus. Natural color and false color images can combined with elevation and overlaid with vector data such as roads, buildings and GPS points.
Download and autoinstall the FREE GeoGenesis®LITE
Geomatica FreeView is a flexible data viewing tool supporting over 100 raster and vector formats for loading, viewing, selection, and enhancement. FreeView is useful for any geospatial data viewing application, and is freely distributable.
FreeView includes a modern interface with many useful display tools, including fast roam and zoom, image enhancements, numeric values display, and attribute table display.
Natural Resources Database (NRDB) is a free database and mapping application for developing and distributing environmental databases. It was designed to provide people in developing countries with a powerful yet simple tool to assist in the managing of their own resources.
NRDB software can assist with the following sorts of projects:
- Monitoring the effect of management and impacts on environmental resources.
- Collating information on environmental management and organisations, so as to coordinate effort more effectively.
- Storing socio-economic information spatially, so as to relate services to need.
- Production of thematic maps of environmental concerns to assist in advocacy work.
- As a tool for training in environmental management and spatial mapping.
Shape Viewer® is a free tool, which you can use to view ESRI® Shape files.
Shape Viewer® can open (.shp) files that contain the geometry information of the shape file.
With Shape Viewer® you can also create new (.shx) file, and new empty (.dbf) file for your shape file.
TatukGIS Viewer is a free desktop GIS Viewer which is a slimmed-down version of TatukGIS Editor, without the data editing, programming, and 3D map display features. Read about TatukGIS Editor here.
TNTatlas is a free product from MicroImages for viewing hierarchical atlases prepared in TNTmips with HyperIndex Linker, or for single-layout atlases. Geodata files currently supported include shapefiles, DWG, DGN, DXF, JPEG, JP2, TIFF, GeoTIFF, PNG, ECW, and MrSID formats. TNTatlas also has features for querying, measurement, printing, sketching of the displayed geodata.